WALLINGFORD SPORTS PARK (AND COMMUNITY CENTRE)
AS A COVID SECURE ENVIRONMENT
As many people know, the Sports Park, as well as being the home of 8 separate sports clubs has nowadays become an important community centre for the area. As such, we are actively working through how we can ensure that we are a COVID secure area for as many of those activities as possible, by producing risk assessments and operating protocols that conform with Government, National Governing Body and relevant professional guidelines.
All our outdoor sports are actively operational with the expectation that Football, Hockey, Tennis and Petanque are or will soon be able to compete, as normal, with other clubs.
Of our indoor sports, the Squash club has been open for some time for intra club sessions and coaching. We are currently working through how Skittles and Darts might resume safely in the main Pavilion with a view to commencing later in the year.
Our resident Chiropodist (Diane Sprague) and Physiotherapist (Jane Younger of Ocean Sports Therapy) are open for business since and are working within the guidelines set down by their respective professional bodies.
We have developed COVID secure protocols for the use of the All Weather Pitch, for the various groups of footballers, and indoor daytime use of the main Pavilion, for other community groups, all of whom are operating within agreed Risk assessments and are being welcomed back
The Sports Trust paramount consideration is keeping everyone safe.
The Sports Park Road Map Stage 4 – 19th July 2021
Following the lifting of many of the government legal COVID 19 restrictions, the Sports Trust has decided to take a cautious and safe approach to opening up our all our facilities. We appreciate that it has been a tough time for people over the last year and getting back to normal is important however, for the time being, we encourage the Sports Park users to observe our COVID 19 safety measures that are currently in place to help us keep everyone safe.
We are excited that we are now able to open up the use of our main hall and pavilion for functions and will work with clubs and communities to ensure the safety and enjoyment of those events.
Our Safety Measures
- Our staff will continue to wear face masks for the safety of everyone.
- Customers are encouraged to wear their masks when moving around the pavilion and in enclosed spaces.
- Tables and seating will be arranged to allow for social distancing and capacity limited to keep everyone safe.
- Inside, we ask that people are seated whilst eating and drinking with no standing at the bars. NHS Track & Trace QR codes will be made available in the bar areas.
- A return to bar service will operate during quiet periods and protective screens will remain. Table service will be used when there is larger number of customers to reduce queueing at the bar.
- We ask that Clubs organising pavilion based activities for their members let the Sports Park Manager know so that appropriate bar staffing levels and seating arrangements can be made.
- We will continue with keeping the bars and main hall ventilated and with the extra Covid 19 cleaning procedures. Hand sanitisers will also remain.
- Changing rooms will be made available on request and will be limited in numbers to ensure safe social distancing.
- We will work with organisers arranging large events by risk assessing and putting Covid 19 control measures in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable occasion.
We will keep these safety measures under regular review and update as necessary.
Thank you for your co-operation.