Wallingford Sports Park occupies 26 acres on the outskirts of Wallingford. The site includes one of the best floodlit all-weather pitches in the South Oxfordshire District Council area. The all-weather pitch can be hired by the public and is a useful source of revenue for the Sports Park. The Sports Park also has a large skittle hall, which is also available for hire. The hall is a very popular venue for parties, childrens birthday parties, family celebrations and entertainment. We also have smaller rooms available for Meetings, Seminars, Courses etc.
The Wallingford Sports Trust manages the Wallingford Sports Park for the benefit of its member clubs. The Sports Trust was founded over thirty years ago as a registered charity. All its trustees and the vast majority of its coaches are volunteers.
The member clubs each give an annual donation to the Trust to enable the Trust to maintain the facilities. The amount of the donation reflects the cost of running the sport concerned and a contribution to the upkeep of common facilities.
The member clubs are:
- Wallingford Rugby Club www.wallingfordrugbyclub.com
- Wallingford Hockey Club www.wallingfordhc.org.uk
- AFC Wallingford www.pitchero.com/clubs/wallingfordtownafc
- Petanque Wallingford www.petwal.co.uk
- Portcullis Tennis Club www.portcullistennis.net
- Hithercroft Squash Club www.hithercroftsquash.com
- ABM Skittles Club www.abmskittles.com
- Wallingford Castle Archers www.wallingfordcastle.co.uk
The membership of the above clubs exceeds 2,500. A key element of our activities is to promote and develop youth sport. We have nearly 800 junior members actively engaged in sport, and at present our member clubs employ more than 60+ coaches many of whom work with our youth sport sections. Please take time to view our pages and links to our member clubs sites. If you need further information please contact our Sports Park Manager.
Wallingford Sport – This is us!